Kate Middleton’s Wedding Dress To Be Displayed
Visitors to Buckingham Palace this summer will be among the estimated 650,000 people to view the gown worn by Kate Middleton at her April wedding to England's Prince William. The dress, which was designed by Alexander McQueen’s Sarah Burton, drew cheers from the crowds gathered outside Westminster Abbey for the wedding. Now admirers of the Duchess will be able to view the outfit, which will not be enclosed in a case, from as close as eight feet away. As part of the tour, the gown will be displayed along with Kate’s shoes (now revealed as a size 5 and a half), tiara, earrings, and bouquet that comprised Middleton’s gorgeous ensemble.
Buckingham Palace opens to the public each summer. Anticipation for the exhibition is high as evidenced by the 125,000 advance tickets already sold according to the Washington Post. The exhibit, titled The Royal Wedding Dress: A Story of Great British Design runs from July 23 through October 3 and features a video of Burton discussing the design that captured the attention of the world. To top off the exhibit, spectators who pay the approximately $30 for the tour will see the royal wedding cake—all eight tiers of it.
Most Popular News
- Magic Johnson’s Gay Son EJ Johnson Takes Relationship Public
- ‘American Idol’ Recap: Angie Miller Says Goodbye
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann Get Fiesty
- Jennifer Lopez Films 'Live It Up' Music Video, Gunshots Fired During On Set Interview
- Angelina Jolie Has Double Mastectomy To Reduce Breast Cancer Risk, Shares Story
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- Why ‘Man of Steel’ Didn’t Use ‘Superman’ in the Title - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV