Justin Bieber Pranks TMZ, Posts Site's Phone Number On Twitter
Justin Bieber’s April Fools’ Day prank targeted celebrity gossip site TMZ. The pop star gave out TMZ’s tip line, tricking his 37 million followers into believing that they’d be reaching him at the number.
“As promised taking all fan phone calls TODAY at (888) 847 9869,” Bieber tweeted. “Talk to u soon!”
Since the number is toll free, TMZ will have to pay for the calls that flooded their tip line in the aftermath of Bieber’s tweet. TMZ took the practical joke in stride, as reporter Dax Holt went on Twitter to pat the 19-year-old singer on the back.
“Best April fools joke goes 2 @Justin Bieber. He tweeted out TMZs phone # saying he would be taking fan calls. Well played Bieber, well played,” Holt wrote. “The phones here at TMZ won’t stop ringing!! #BieberAprilFoolsJoke LOL! So funny,” he added.
TMZ, who was the first site to post the photographs of Bieber smoking pot back in January, was an unsurprising target for his April Fools’ prank. The last few months have seen the teen heartthrob make the headlines consistently with unflattering reports on his behavior.
Most recently, it's been reported that Bieber could face assault charges for allegedly spitting on a disgruntled neighbor.
Most Popular News
- Kendall And Kylie Jenner Wear Revealing Dresses On MMVA Red Carpet
- Jeremiah Heaton Claimed Small Piece Of African Desert To Make His Daughter A Princess
- Bill Skarsgard & Landon Liboiron On Their 'Hemlock Grove' Characters' 'Sexual Tension,' Gay Undertones [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- German Soccer Squad Returns Home To Heroes Welcome After World Cup Victory
- 'Grey'¬ôs Anatomy': Season 11 Spoilers From Shonda Rhimes
Most Popular Videos
Derek Hough On 'Make Your Move,' BoA, 'Dancing With The Stars'
Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
Shawn Ashmore On 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past,' Ice Man, 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
Eli Roth & Famke Janssen On 'Hemlock Grove'
Gregg Sulkin On 'Affluenza,' 'Pretty Little Liars'