EMMYS: Julie Bowen Thanks Sofia Vergara
Sunday night's Emmy Awards was a worthwhile event for ABC's Modern Family, a series that has dominated awards season since it kicked off in 2009, and the ladies of Modern Family showed their support for one another when Julie Bowen, 42, who plays Claire Dunphy on the show, picked up the Emmy for Best Supporting Actress in a Comedy, a category in which she was up against costar Sofia Vergara, 40.
When Bowen took the stage for the second consecutive time at the Emmys, Vergara hooted her support from the audience, to which Bowen acknowledged sweetly, "Oh, that's my Sofia. God bless you."
Modern Family also picked up a Best Supporting Actor nod for Eric Stonestreet, a Best Director win for Steve Levitan and a Best Comedy award for the third year in a row.
Modern Family, also starring Ed O'Neill, Ty Burrell, Jesse Tyler Ferguson and Sarah Hyland returns for its season four premiere Wednesday, September 26, on ABC.
Watch Bowen's speech here:
Get Uinterview's FREE iPhone App For Daily News Updates here.
For more like this:
Most Popular News
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV