Julianne Moore: My Therapist Convinced Me To Marry
The kids weren't all right for Julianne Moore, which is why she decided to get married, she said in a recent interview with the Guardian.
"The only reason I got married in 2003 was for my children," she said. "I had a therapist who said marriage is really a container for a family and that made sense to me. [Husband Bart Freundlich] and I have been together for years. We have Caleb, 13, and our daughter Liv, who is eight."
The actress, who starred in last year's indie hit The Kids Are All Right as one half of a lesbian couple (her partner was Annette Bening, who won a Golden Globe for the role last month), also talked about the importance of balancing a busy career with her family life. "I wouldn't say that it was easy. I think it's what anybody I know who has a family and a career deals with," she said. "It's a challenging balance. I feel fortunate that I've had both: and I work really hard to maintain both of them." —ISHITA SINGH
Most Popular News
- Magic Johnson’s Gay Son EJ Johnson Takes Relationship Public
- ‘American Idol’ Recap: Angie Miller Says Goodbye
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann Get Fiesty
- Will Ferrell And Chirstina Applegate Film ‘Anchorman: The Legend Continues’
- Angelina Jolie Has Double Mastectomy To Reduce Breast Cancer Risk, Shares Story
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- Why ‘Man of Steel’ Didn’t Use ‘Superman’ in the Title - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV