Julia Stiles Denies Michael C. Hall Affair Rumors
Is Julia Stiles a marriage killer? No, said the actress in a statement on Thursday.
After Dexter stars Michael C. Hall and Jennifer Carpenter announced that they were filing for divorce earlier this week, rumors emerged that Dexter co-star Julia Stiles was involved in the couple's breakup. "I felt compelled to dispel the rumors I was somehow the cause for this matter," the actress said. "I have absolutely nothing to do with the split between Michael and Jennifer. We are good friends and enjoyed working together ... This is a personal matter between them, and we should respect their privacy."
According to a statement from the couple's rep, Hall and Carpenter had been separated for some time and had an "amicable" split. But reports that Hall and Stiles were "extra cozy" on the Dexter set and "have a lot of chemistry" dogged the actors.
Carpenter and Hall announced their plans to divorce on December 13, citing “irreconcilable differences” as the reason for the split. According to the papers, the couple have been separated since August 9.
The pair, who play siblings on Dexter, were married Dec. 31, 2008. —NATT GARUN
Most Popular News
- 'Game Of Thrones' Recap: Robb Stark, Talisa, Catelyn Murdered At The Red Wedding
- Victoria Beckham & Son Brooklyn Beckham Attend Glamour Women Of The Year Awards
- ‘Diana’ Biopic Teaser Trailer With Naomi Watts Is Released
- Heidi Klum, Martin Kristen Run & Make Up After Public Spat
- Cassadee Pope Performs ‘Wasting All These Tears’ On ‘The Voice’ [VIDEO]
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Dylan O'Brien Video Interview On 'The Internship,' Google, Vince Vaughn
- Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
- Clive Owen Video Interview On 'Shadow Dancer,' Playing An MI-5 Agent