Joseph Gordon-Levitt May Play Batman's Riddler
Fresh off the huge success of what critics referred to as the “most expensive art-film of all time,” Inception director Christopher Nolan is turning his full attention back to the Batman franchise. Sources confirm that the villain in the third installment of Nolan’s franchise reboot will be The Riddler – a role that a hair-dyed, unitard-sporting Jim Carrey did his best with in 1995’s Batman Forever. The top name on the casting grid is Inception actor Joseph Gordon-Levitt, who is reported to be “interested,” according to a report in CinemaBlend.com.
Even with no confirmations yet on either side, fans and critics are already debating the speculative moves. While supporters are declaring that Nolan has a proven track record and can do no wrong, the haters are brushing The Riddler off as a lamer version of The Joker, epically as it was brought to life by the late Heath Ledger.
So far Gordon-Levitt’s representatives have denied the rumor, and according to the studio the script isn’t finished yet, and may not feature The Riddler at all, when it is said and done, but hope abounds on the rumor-mill. –ANDREW BANKIN
Most Popular News
- Magic Johnson’s Gay Son EJ Johnson Takes Relationship Public
- Will Ferrell And Chirstina Applegate Film ‘Anchorman: The Legend Continues’
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann Get Fiesty
- ‘American Idol’ Recap: Angie Miller Says Goodbye
- Angelina Jolie Has Double Mastectomy To Reduce Breast Cancer Risk, Shares Story
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- Why ‘Man of Steel’ Didn’t Use ‘Superman’ in the Title - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV