Joseph Gordon-Levitt And Marion Cotillard Join 'The Dark Knight Rises'
More The Dark Knight Rises casting surprises are revealed with the confirmation that French actress Marion Cotillard and Joseph Gordon-Levitt will appear in the upcoming Batman film. Cotillard, who won an Oscar for her performance as Edith Piaf in La Vie en Rose, has been cast as Miranda Tate, a Wayne Enterprises board member who assists Bruce Wayne/Batman (Christian Bale) in his philanthropic efforts; Gordon-Levitt has been cast as John Blake, a Gotham City police officer under the command of Commissioner Gordon (Gary Oldman).
Both actors appeared in Batman-rebooter Christopher Nolan's previous outing, Inception, meaning that, along with the appearance of Tom Hardy as villainous juggernaut Bane and Michael Caine as the resourceful and wise Alfred Pennyworth, the film will constitute something of a miniature Inception reunion. The rabidly anticipated threequel of the current Caped Crusader reboot will be released in the summer of 2012. Its predecessor, Academy Award-winner The Dark Knight, is now the third highest grossing film of all time domestically and seventh world-wide.
Most Popular News
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV