John Mayer Dismisses Idea That Jennifer Aniston Inspired 'Shadow Days'
It's been said that John Mayer's new single, "Shadow Days," is about ex-girlfriend Jennifer Aniston, but if it is, Mayer's never going to admit it. "It's weird because I've never told anybody what a song is about, literally," Mayer told CNN. "There's no sources because no one ever asked! At no time writing the song did the engineer say, 'What's that about?' At no time did (producer) Don Was look at me and say, 'Hey Johnny, what's that song about?'"
Mayer said that people who speculate about the inspiration for the song are thinking more about tabloid headlines, less about the actual process of writing a song. "I think people are under the impression that I sit down with a pen, and I stare off at the wall and I say, 'Someone's going to get it.' And that's not how songwriting works," Mayer said.
Watch the music video for "Shadow Days" here:
Read more about John Mayer here:
Most Popular News
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV