Jimmy Kimmel Didn't Buy Nude Bea Arthur Painting
Jimmy Kimmel, the late night host and comedian, is not the face behind the anonymous $1.9 billion purchase of the nude painting of Bea Arthur that was auctioned off by Christie’s earlier in the month. The rumors were all started by a tweet.
“Biggest surprise of my life. Thank you @jimmykimmel – the most generous guy in the world!” tweeted comedian Jeffrey Ross. In response, Kimmel tweeted, “@realjeffreyross Bea is watching over us, but especially you.”
The tweets soon became viral and were spun into countless news stories that suggested that Kimmel had in fact purchased the nude painting of the late actress for a sum that nearly amounted to $2 billion.
Kimmel went back to his Twitter to clear the air about the misguided reports. “Contrary to ‘news’ reports, I didn’t buy the Bea Arthur painting – not even for @jeffrey ross – but I did buy the Mona Lisa Lampanelli.
The mystery bidder behind the costly purchase of the 1991 portrait by John Currie remains unsolved.
Most Popular News
- Kendall And Kylie Jenner Wear Revealing Dresses On MMVA Red Carpet
- April Fool's Day Tweets: Best Celeb Pranksters Hit Twitter
- Lisa Kudrow Ordered To Pay Former Manager Scott Howard $1.6 Million In Lawsuit
- ‘NSYNC Reunites At 2013 MTV Video Music Awards With Justin Timberlake [VIDEO]
- Howard Stern Delivers Eulogy At Joan Rivers' Funeral, Starts With Dirty Joke
Most Popular Videos
Shawn Ashmore On 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past,' Ice Man, 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
Derek Hough On 'Make Your Move,' BoA, 'Dancing With The Stars'
Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
Billy Crudup On 'Blood Ties,' Clive Owen, Zoe Saldana
Brenton Thwaites & Odeya Rush On 'The Giver,' Taylor Swift, Meryl Streep, Jeff Bridges