Jimmy Kimmel Evacuated After Tsunami Hits Japan
After an 8.9 magnitude earthquake and tsunami hit Japan on Friday, Jimmy Kimmel now finds himself in the eye of the storm. The late-night host's vacation in French Polynesia has turned into a nightmare, as the destructive storm continues to rock the South Pacific.
The comedian has been keeping concerned fans and followers up-to-date thanks to his active Twitter account. “Suddenly, relaxing on an island in the South Pacific isn’t so relaxing anymore,” he tweeted early Friday morning. “Good thing I brought my aqua stilts.” Kimmel even managed to respond to inquiries about the magnitude of the storm. When asked how high it ranked on a scale of 1-10, he replied, “a good solid 7. on a small island, with no high ground.” Kimmel assured his well being and expressed gratitude for the concern of others. "Thanks again for the concern—I am now worried others will worry if I don’t tweet—but if I don’t, don’t," he wrote, before tweeting of plans for his exit from the island at 9:40 a.m. EST. “We are evacuating the island. dogspeed." —EMILY EXTON
Most Popular News
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV