Jian Khan, Bollywood Actress, Dies In Apparent Suicide
Jian Khan, the esteemed Bollywood actress, reportedly committed suicide by hanging herself on Monday night, according to The Hindu. She was 24.
Khan was discovered dead at her Mumbai home by family members when they arrived home. “Jian’s mother and sister found her hanging when they returned at around 11pm,” according to police, who say she had hung herself with her dupatta.
The Indian actress broke onto the scene in 2007, appearing in Ram Gopal Varma’s controversial Nishabd opposite Amitabh Bachchan. Although the film received decidedly mixed reviews, Khan was widely praised for her sensuality and confidence in the role of a young woman who gets involved with her friend’s married father.
Jian Khan and Amitabh Bachchan in Nishabd
Khan also starred in Ghajin alongside Aamir Khan, and 2010’s Housefull, which was an ensemble film directed by Sajid Khan. Since Housefull, Khan hasn’t been seen on the big screen.
An autopsy will be performed on Khan’s body on Tuesday, according to police. Law enforcement is also interrogating Khan’s maid, watchman and neighbors to determine who the actress’ last visitors were.
Most Popular News
- Submarine Shark Hoax: 'Shark Of Darkness: Wrath Of Submarine' Is Discovery Channel's Latest Shark Week Mockumentary
- Kendall And Kylie Jenner Wear Revealing Dresses On MMVA Red Carpet
- Lourdes Leon Hits The Beach In A Bikini
- 'War Machine' Jon Koppenhaver, Goes On Twitter Rant Following Alleged Beating Of Girlfriend, Christy Mack
- John Denver's Aspen Home Is Back On The Market; Owners Selling For $10.75 Million
Most Popular Videos
Derek Hough On 'Make Your Move,' BoA, 'Dancing With The Stars'
Shawn Ashmore On 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past,' Ice Man, 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
Billy Crudup On 'Blood Ties,' Clive Owen, Zoe Saldana
Jacki Weaver On 'Magic In The Moonlight,' Woody Allen