'Jeopardy' Contestant Goof: Says Magic Johnson Played In The NHL
Joe Morse, contestant on Jeopardy mistakenly claimed that Magic Johnson played in the NHL, losing points and earning a disapproving look from Jeopardy host Alex Trebek.
The hint was as follows: “100+ assists in an NHL season has been accomplished only 13 times, 11 times by this player.”
Joe hit his button quickly and answered, “Who is Magic Johnson?”
“Oh, no,” Trebek responded, moving on to contestant Diane, who correctly identified the player as Wayne Gretsky.
“We’re talking about hockey, not the NBA,” Trebek stressed.
Joe reportedly conducted a Reddit AMA (Ask Me Anything) and commented that his game show blunder was infinitely embarrassing.
“I totally missed the NHL past and focused on the assists. Just a terribly embarrassing answer all around,” he wrote.
– Olivia Truffaut-Wong
Most Popular News
- Jeremiah Heaton Claimed Small Piece Of African Desert To Make His Daughter A Princess
- Kendall And Kylie Jenner Wear Revealing Dresses On MMVA Red Carpet
- Zoe Saldana Celebrates Birthday With Husband Marco Perego
- Emma Stone & Andrew Garfield Go On Stroll In NYC
- Chris Hemsworth Films Scenes As Thor For 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron'
Most Popular Videos
Derek Hough On 'Make Your Move,' BoA, 'Dancing With The Stars'
Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
Lucy Hale On 'Pretty Little Liars,' Her New Album, Her Plan To Send Girls To Camp
Shawn Ashmore On 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past,' Ice Man, 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
Nat Wolff On 'The Fault In Our Stars,' Ansel Elgort, John Green