Jennifer Lopez To Get $12 Million For 'Idol'
Jennifer Lopez has gone from actress and pop act to American Idol judge. The star has reportedly signed a deal with reality singing competition American Idol for a one-year contract that will earn her $12 million.
The deal comes on the heels of rumors that Lopez's diva-like behavior during negotiations had halted talks altogether. Lopez, 41, reportedly wanted $15 million and accompanying TV and movie development deals, according to Deadline.com. Previous judges Simon Cowell, Kara DioGuardi and Ellen Degeneres all departed the show after the end of this season, leaving Randy Jackson as the only judge remaining from the beginning of Idol.
Although the show has not yet released the official lineup of judges for its tenth season, Lopez is expected to be joined by veteran Jackson and Aerosmith singer Steven Tyler, with Ryan Seacrest as the host. Fox will make its announcement in early October. –AMY LEE
Most Popular News
- Magic Johnson’s Gay Son EJ Johnson Takes Relationship Public
- ‘American Idol’ Recap: Angie Miller Says Goodbye
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann Get Fiesty
- Jennifer Lopez Films 'Live It Up' Music Video, Gunshots Fired During On Set Interview
- Angelina Jolie Has Double Mastectomy To Reduce Breast Cancer Risk, Shares Story
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- Why ‘Man of Steel’ Didn’t Use ‘Superman’ in the Title - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV