Jennifer Lawrence To Star In 'The Hunger Games' Adaptation
Jennifer Lawrence just landed one of Hollywood's most coveted roles.
The Academy Award-nominated actress will star as Katniss in the big screen adaptation of Suzanne Collins' young adult novel The Hunger Games, TheWrap reports.
With the immense popularity of Collins' trilogy—which includes Catching Fire and Mockingjay—Lionsgate's proposed film adaptation has been a highly anticipation project. Fans have speculated for months about who was fit to portray the fearless girl in the middle of a futuristic survival contest. Many of Hollywood's most sought after actresses were said to be considered, including fellow Oscar nominees Hailee Steinfeld (True Grit) and Abigail Breslin (Little Miss Sunshine), plus Chloe Moretz (Kick-Ass) and Emma Roberts (It's Kind Of A Funny Story).
Lawrence, 20, is a relative newcomer who gained recognition last year with her critically acclaimed performance in Winter's Bone. After rising to prominence under a smaller film, she's must now prepare to carry not one, but two franchises, having just finished filming X-Men First Class. —EMILY EXTON
Most Popular News
- Sidney Poitier Receives Standing Ovation While Presenting Best Director At The Oscars
- Marc Anthony Collects 4 Awards At Premio Lo Nuestro A La Musica Latina Gala
- 'Fantastic Four' Casting: Michael B. Jordan And Kate Mara Confirmed For Reboot, Miles Teller And Jamie Bell Rumored
- 'Talking Angela' Children's App Victim Of Online Hoax Claiming The App Is Dangerous
- Who Is NFL Running Back Reggie Bush's Wife-To-Be Lilit Avagyan?
Most Popular Videos
Top Comedy Videos
Harry Connick, Jr: 'I Married The Girl Of My Dreams' - Your Tango