Jenni Rivera Wins Artist Of The Year At Billboard Latin Music Awards
Jenni Rivera, the late singer who died in a tragic plane crash in December, won six trophies at the 2013 Billboard Latin Music Awards that took place in Miami on Thursday, including the Artist of the Year award.
Rivera's parents and two children accepted the Artist of the Year award on her behalf on the night that also saw their late beloved relative win Regional Mexican Album of the Year for La Gran Señora. "You are my diva," Rivera's father, Pedro Rivera, said while accepting the award. "May God bless you, my daughter."
"We know she continues living in our hearts and through music," added her mother, Rosa Saavedra.
Rivera's brother Juan Rivera sang her song "No Llega el Olvido" accompanied by a mariachi band during his performance on the Billboard Latin Music Award's stage. The show also paid tribute to the late singer with a montage of clips from I Love Jenni, the reality show she starred in alongside her family members.
Rivera also won for Regional Mexican Albums Artist of the Year (Solo), Albums Artist of the Year (Female), Latin Pop Album of the Year and Latin Pop Albums Artist of the Year (Solo).
Most Popular News
- Kendall And Kylie Jenner Wear Revealing Dresses On MMVA Red Carpet
- Aimee Richardson Is A 'Princess For Hire' After 'Game Of Thrones' Recasting
- 'Bachelorette' Contestant Patrick Jagodzinski On Andi Dorfman's Pick Of Josh Murray & Who Should Be The Next Bachelor [EXCLUSIVE]
- Bill Skarsgard & Landon Liboiron On Their 'Hemlock Grove' Characters' 'Sexual Tension,' Gay Undertones [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- German Soccer Squad Returns Home To Heroes Welcome After World Cup Victory
Most Popular Videos
Shawn Ashmore On 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past,' Ice Man, 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
Derek Hough On 'Make Your Move,' BoA, 'Dancing With The Stars'
Billy Crudup On 'Blood Ties,' Clive Owen, Zoe Saldana
Eli Roth & Famke Janssen On 'Hemlock Grove'