Jason Collins's Ex-Fiance, Carolyn Moos, Shocked To Learn He's Gay
Carolyn Moos, Jason Collins's ex-fiancé, was completely surprised to learn that her boyfriend, whom she had dated for seven years, is gay, TMZ reports.
Moos found out about Collins's orientation just last weekend. Prior to the release of his Sports Illustrated editorial in which he came out publicly to become the first male athlete in a major sport to do so during his career, he explained the real reason he had called off their relationship. When they had broken up back in 2009, Collins had given Moos a series of excuses for ending things, according to the former WNBA player.
Throughout their relationship and after, Moos had zero indication that Collins was hiding that he was gay; never did she suspect that he was living a closeted life. Since their split, she's been struggling to understand what had gone wrong in their relationship to cause him to so abruptly call it quits and break off their engagement.
"It's very emotional for me as a woman to have invested 8 years in my dream to have a husband, soul mate, and best friend in him," she admitted to TMZ. "So this is all hard to understand.
"I care about [Jason] tremendously and only want the best for him," she added. "I want Jason to be happy for a lifetime and stay true to who he really is, inside and out."
Most Popular News
- Kendall And Kylie Jenner Wear Revealing Dresses On MMVA Red Carpet
- Bill Skarsgard & Landon Liboiron On Their 'Hemlock Grove' Characters' 'Sexual Tension,' Gay Undertones [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- 'Bachelorette' Contestant Patrick Jagodzinski On Andi Dorfman's Pick Of Josh Murray & Who Should Be The Next Bachelor [EXCLUSIVE]
- German Soccer Squad Returns Home To Heroes Welcome After World Cup Victory
- Pat Summerall, Iconic NFL Announcer, Dies At 82
Most Popular Videos
Shawn Ashmore On 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past,' Ice Man, 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
Derek Hough On 'Make Your Move,' BoA, 'Dancing With The Stars'
Billy Crudup On 'Blood Ties,' Clive Owen, Zoe Saldana
Eli Roth & Famke Janssen On 'Hemlock Grove'