James Franco's Brother Dave Franco To Star in '21 Jump Street' Remake
If you think it's hard being James Franco, just imagine being his younger brother. Despite the ubiquity of his actor-author-Oscar host sibling, Dave Franco has made a name for himself in Hollywood by being cast in the upcoming remake of 21 Jump Street, Deadline reports. The 25-year-old has landed the role of Eric, a popular student who is also a big time drug dealer, in Phil Lord and Chris Miller’s film adaptation of the 80's television series. Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum costar, with Johnny Depp–who began his career on the series–in talks for a cameo.
While this might be his most high-profile casting to date, the younger Franco has been working steadily over the past few years. He recently wrapped the upcoming film Fright Night, with Hill's Superbad costar Christopher Mintz-Plasse and Colin Farrell, as well as appeared in Noah Baumbach's 2010 indie Greenberg and the TV series Scrubs, as Cole Aaronson during its final season last year. If his schedule ever gets too crazy, at least his older brother can teach him a few things about multitasking. –EMILY EXTON
Most Popular News
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV