James Cameron Plans To Mine Asteroids
The never-ending adventures of Titanic creator James Cameron continue with news of a new business venture — mining asteroids.
Cameron, 67, is teaming with a group of investors that includes Google CEO Larry Page to finance a new, wealth-seeking initiative, according to CBS News. The plan is to send robotic spacecraft to mine nearby asteroids for precious metals like platinum and gold, as well as to obtain rocket fuel.
The mining and fuel processing would all be done without humans. "It is the stuff of science fiction, but like in so many other areas of science fiction, it's possible to begin the process of making them reality," former astronaut and company adviser Thomas Jones said.
Most Popular News
- Magic Johnson’s Gay Son EJ Johnson Takes Relationship Public
- ‘American Idol’ Recap: Angie Miller Says Goodbye
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann Get Fiesty
- Jennifer Lopez Films 'Live It Up' Music Video, Gunshots Fired During On Set Interview
- Angelina Jolie Has Double Mastectomy To Reduce Breast Cancer Risk, Shares Story
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- Why ‘Man of Steel’ Didn’t Use ‘Superman’ in the Title - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV