Jake Owen Proposes To Girlfriend Lacey Buchanan On Stage
Country singer Jake Owen surprised his girlfriend Lacey Buchanan on Saturday night when he invited her onstage at the Citrus Bowl performance at his alma mater, Vero Beach High School in Florida, in order to pop the question. His friends and family were present in the audience at the time.
Owen was singing his song, "Don't Think I Can't Love You" when he invited Buchanan, who has appeared in two of Owen's music videos — "Barefoot Blue Jean Night" and "Eight Second Ride" — up to join him for a dance.
Instead of dancing, Owen dropped down to one knee in front of Buchanan. "You're probably wondering where your ring is, right?" he asked, setting up the next part of the song, which he crooned directly to Buchanan. "I just said I can't buy you a big diamond ring or a big old house on the hill, but I promise you I'll love you forever and ever and ever," Owen sang.
The multiple kisses that followed confirmed Buchanan's acceptance. "I'm a happy man," Owen tweeted on Sunday. "Life is complete."
Most Popular News
- Kendall And Kylie Jenner Wear Revealing Dresses On MMVA Red Carpet
- April Fool's Day Tweets: Best Celeb Pranksters Hit Twitter
- Lisa Kudrow Ordered To Pay Former Manager Scott Howard $1.6 Million In Lawsuit
- ‘NSYNC Reunites At 2013 MTV Video Music Awards With Justin Timberlake [VIDEO]
- Howard Stern Delivers Eulogy At Joan Rivers' Funeral, Starts With Dirty Joke
Most Popular Videos
Shawn Ashmore On 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past,' Ice Man, 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
Derek Hough On 'Make Your Move,' BoA, 'Dancing With The Stars'
Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
Billy Crudup On 'Blood Ties,' Clive Owen, Zoe Saldana
Brenton Thwaites & Odeya Rush On 'The Giver,' Taylor Swift, Meryl Streep, Jeff Bridges