Hugh Grant Pulls Out Of Talks To Replace Charlie Sheen
If you thought Hugh Grant's negotiations with CBS meant it was time to table all that rampant speculation about who will replace Charlie Sheen on Two and a Half Men, think again.
After Sheen's embittered public battle with the show's producers, it's become pretty clear that he will not return to the sitcom. Grant's name had been passed around as a possible replacement, and the British movie star was "progressing" in negotiations with the network and Warner Brothers when he backed out at the eleventh hour, reports Deadline.
Grant was just shy of signing the contract, which was rumored to lock in an offer of over $1 million an episode for the movie star, when he felt that "creative differences" prevented him from signing on the dotted line.
"It was not the money," an insider said. "He didn't want to do TV because those 24 episodes are a grind and a lot of work. At the end he couldn't get his head around doing a series."
So it's back to the drawing board for Warner Bros. and CBS. Other names still being bounced around include Jeremy Piven of Entourage and Jerry O'Connell of Sliders. —KIMBERLY STEELE
Most Popular News
- Magic Johnson’s Gay Son EJ Johnson Takes Relationship Public
- ‘American Idol’ Recap: Angie Miller Says Goodbye
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann Get Fiesty
- Will Ferrell And Chirstina Applegate Film ‘Anchorman: The Legend Continues’
- Jennifer Lopez Films 'Live It Up' Music Video, Gunshots Fired During On Set Interview
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- Why ‘Man of Steel’ Didn’t Use ‘Superman’ in the Title - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV