Howard Stern Sought To Replace Simon Cowell
American Idol producers want Howard Stern to replace Simon Cowell on the show’s judging panel. The self-proclaimed King of All Media mentioned on-air recently that his Sirius XM Radio deal expires next January and that he is exploring other offers.
Stern is paid $100 million per year at Sirius, double Simon’s $50 million salary. Simon announced last month that he would be leaving the Idol to launch X Factor, his own reality competition on Fox. The producers think that Howard could be even meaner than Simon and believe that he would clash with other judges, like the newly installed Ellen DeGeneres, in a way that would help the show's ratings.
Stern hasn't expressed interest yet, though this is thought to be a negotiating ploy. “I was approached by a major TV network to take over a TV show and leave here and do that next year – and I did turn it down," he told his audience last week. "I’m not even sure if I want to be working. I’m waiting to see what happens.” –NATASHA ALLOWAY
Most Popular News
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV