Howard Stern May Judge 'America's Got Talent'
It was not long after Piers Morgan's announcement on Wednesday that he will not return to the judges' panel on NBC’s America’s Got Talent that heads turned to radio shock jock Howard Stern as his possible replacement. Stern is in talks to land the gig and is getting closer, though some serious logistics have to be hammered out first, The Wall Street Journal reports.
For Stern, the gig would reportedly amount to $15 million per year, though the fact that Stern records his Sirius XM Radio show in New York and NBC films America's Got Talent in Los Angeles does present a problem. NBC might accommodate Stern's schedule by relocating to the east coast, but the move will reportedly cost the network an added $10 million. Judges Howie Mandel and Sharon Osbourne are set to return next season.
This isn't the first time that Stern's name has been mentioned in connection with hosting a popular TV talent show. In 2009 Stern said he should replace Simon Cowell as a judge on American Idol. “There’s isn’t a better job on the planet than sitting there judging that f***ing karaoke contest,” he said on his SiriusXM radio show in February 2009. “And, you know, if they’re gonna hire me, they gotta pay me a ton of f***ing dough." Needless to say, such a deal never came through.
Most Popular News
- Magic Johnson’s Gay Son EJ Johnson Takes Relationship Public
- ‘American Idol’ Recap: Angie Miller Says Goodbye
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann Get Fiesty
- Will Ferrell And Chirstina Applegate Film ‘Anchorman: The Legend Continues’
- Angelina Jolie Has Double Mastectomy To Reduce Breast Cancer Risk, Shares Story
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- Why ‘Man of Steel’ Didn’t Use ‘Superman’ in the Title - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV