Hope Solo Marries Jerramy Stevens Day After His Court Appearance For Alleged Domestic Assault
U.S. Women’s soccer goalkeeper and Olympic gold medalist Hope Solo, 31, has married former NFL tight end Jerramy Stevens, 33, a day after Stevens was arrested for fourth-degree domestic violence assault, according to Seattle's KING5.com.
Solo and Stevens were married in a ceremony near the town of Snohomish, Wash. It was a small wedding with only a few close friends and family members. The joyous scene was a far cry from the events of early Monday morning, when police responded to a 911 call from Solo’s brother, Marcus, who said there had been an altercation between eight people at his party. However, by the time authorities arrived on the scene, the guests were gone and the only person who appeared to be wounded was a woman with a hip injury who was found lying on the floor.
Police found Stevens upstairs in a bedroom lying behind a bed, apparently hiding. When asked why he was hiding, Stevens denied the allegation, saying he was asleep and was unaware of any altercation. However, police found dried blood on Stevens’ face and shirt and the room in disorder. He allegedly would later admit that he and Solo had been fighting about where they would live after they attended their planned wedding on Tuesday (which was postponed due to incarceration) — Washington or Florida. Solo suffered a laceration to her elbow and, according to reports, was not cooperative with officers on the scene, refusing to have her injury photographed. Stevens was later released by a Kirkland Municipal Court judge due to lack of evidence.
This is only the latest in a series of run-ins with the law for Stevens. In the year 2000, while a student at the University of Washington, Stevens was charged with sexual assault of a 19-year old woman but was not tried by the law due to lack of evidence. A civil suit filed by the victim resulted in a settlement. The following year, Stevens drove into a nursing home and was given 240 hours of community service. In 2003, Stevens was again arrested on reckless driving charges. In 2007, he was charged with driving under the influence in Scottsdale, Ariz. Stevens' most recent arrest came in 2010, while he was playing for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers; he was arrested the night before a game for marijuana possession and subsequently released by the team.
For more like this:
Most Popular News
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV