Photo: Halle Berry and Gabriel Aubry together in happier times at the Golden Globes in January.
Hollywood's 5 Worst Mismatched Couples
by Joe Galbo • If there's one thing to be certain in Hollywood, it's that nothing is certain. Even with all the beauty and power that money can buy, there's still a good chance you'll find yourself sitting alone in the living room on a Saturday night with nothing keeping you company but your thoughts and Saturday Night Live. It's utterly depressing, and stands as a reminder that even the most beautiful and successful women sometimes can't find a man.
Here, we present the top 5 celebrity mismatches of 2010. Tiger Woods has been left off this list and instead can be found on another upcoming list: The Biggest Wastes of Life this Century.
5. Madonna and Jesus Luz & Halle Berry and Gabriel Aubry
They say age is just a number, but obviously "they" don't know what they're talking about. Both Madonna and Halle's beaus left them because the age-gap. Madonna and Luz's gap of 28 years was obviously going to cause some complications, but we got to give it to the Queen of Pop for going after what she likes. Thankfully there were no kids involved to make the break sticky.
The age difference between Halle and Gabriel was a mere 9 years. The couple was together since 2005 and had a daughter, 2-year-old Nahla Ariela Aubry. As it was with Luz, Gabriel was the one to initiate the split with sources reporting that the age difference (and his wandering gaze) were to blame. The couple have been working with lawyers for months to arrange custody of Nahla, and Gabriel is not expected to seek any financial support from Berry. This will be Berry's third major relationship that's ended in the past 13 years.
Moral of the story: stick to men your own age, ladies.
3. Jon and Kate Gosselin:
In the series of splits that have plagued Hollywood recently, few were as public and brutal as the one between Jon and Kate. Once pictured as "the wholesome family" on TLC's Jon and Kate Plus 8, the couple has since become synonymous with family dysfunction
After getting caught red-handed coming out of a club with a "female friend," Jon Gosselin cooked-up some half-brain story about visiting the club to talk to the owner and running into his "friend" whom he was just showing his new car. By the time the mudslinging was all over Jon emerged as the loser and Kate got to keep what was left of her life. Kate not only got a spot on Dancing with the Stars (that gave the show its highest ratings ever) but also two new reality shows. So don't worry people, we can look forward to more Kate and her exploited brood of 8 for years to come.
2. Sandra Bullock & Jesse James:
It's heartbreaking is thinking of Bullock's face when she heard that her husband had allegedly been cheating on her. For a woman that was having such a good year (winning an Oscar, adopting a secret baby), her divorce from James is nothing less than a personal tragedy. To make matters worse, the women that Jesse cheated include a Nazi impersonator.
Jesse's public relations driven stint in sex rehab was thankfully not enough to make Sandra think twice about leaving his sorry butt, and the entire world hopes she finds better luck with men down in New Orleans where she's reportedly moving.
1. Charlie Sheen & Brooke Mueller:
There aren't many bad-boys left in Hollywood, but there's always Sheen. A guy whose movie and television roles you can't help but like, Charlie has had the most troubled home-life of any actor maybe ever.
Constantly in and out of relationships and rehab, Sheen and Mueller's split is by far the messiest of his career (save the time he accidentally shot Kelly Preston in the arm in 1990). On December 25, 2009 the couple got into an argument that resulted in Sheen allegedly holding a knife to Mueller's throat. He was arrested and, on February 8, 2010, charged with felony menacing, third-degree assault and criminal mischief. That same month Sheen took a leave from filming his hit CBS sitcom Two and a Half Men to enter rehab. On can only hope he takes a long break to sort out this sorry mess.
Most Popular News
- Magic Johnson’s Gay Son EJ Johnson Takes Relationship Public
- ‘American Idol’ Recap: Angie Miller Says Goodbye
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann Get Fiesty
- Jennifer Lopez Films 'Live It Up' Music Video, Gunshots Fired During On Set Interview
- Angelina Jolie Has Double Mastectomy To Reduce Breast Cancer Risk, Shares Story
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV