Henry Cavill's 5000 Calorie Per Day 'Superman' Diet
British actor Henry Cavill, best known for his role on The Tudors, is prepping to star as Clark Kent / Superman and don the iconic "S" in Zack Snyder's anticipated Superman reboot, Man of Steel. Cavill needs to get super-built for the role and is absolutely serious about transforming his body to appear as the man of steel and Last Son of Krypton.
Cavill felt transformed once he finally slipped into Superman's legendary uniform. "It’s extremely cool," he told Total Film. "There’s no other feeling like it. They just put it on, I turned around and look in the mirror and you can’t really play it cool – you sort of guffaw and laugh. I thought, ‘OK, holy hell, this is real, it’s not a joke anymore. This is it … you’re doing it, you’re right in the middle of it.'"
Cavill is also indulging in a bit of a calorie binge. “I’m on 5000 calories a day … You’ve got to eat protein first, then a little bit of carbs … you’ve gotta keep your hunger levels going," he said. "I’m training two and a half hours a day, pushing my body beyond its normal limits, putting on a lot of muscle mass and just making myself look like Superman.”
Most Popular News
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- Why ‘Man of Steel’ Didn’t Use ‘Superman’ in the Title - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV