Henry Cavill: Twenty Pounds Heavier As Superman
When director Tarsem Singh cast Henry Cavill as the lead in the The Immortals, out today, he had to convince studio execs to take a chance on a relatively unknown actor. Months into shooting, however, Cavill was cast as Superman in Man of Steel (due in 2013), and suddenly no one else needed convincing. The only thing left for Cavill to do before donning Superman's iconic red-and-blue tights was to transform his lithe Immortals body into, well, a bulky man of steel.
"I am twenty pounds heavier as Superman," Cavill told USA Today, "but just as lean." Having already endured an intense work-out regimen to get the lean, ripped "eight pack" look in The Immortals, Cavill had to begin intense, weight-heavy training — including a high-calorie dietary regimen — to pack on Superman's pounds.
Cavill, hitherto best known for his role as Charles Brandon on Showtime's The Tudors, said that his physical transformations have cost him some old rags. "I genuinely had to throw my clothes out, since my shoulders are too big and my waist is too small. Everything just doesn't fit like it used to. I have never been this big." With starring roles in two epic action movies, Cavill's getting bigger in more ways than one.
Watch the video interview here:
Most Popular News
- Magic Johnson’s Gay Son EJ Johnson Takes Relationship Public
- ‘American Idol’ Recap: Angie Miller Says Goodbye
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann Get Fiesty
- Will Ferrell And Chirstina Applegate Film ‘Anchorman: The Legend Continues’
- Jennifer Lopez Films 'Live It Up' Music Video, Gunshots Fired During On Set Interview
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- Why ‘Man of Steel’ Didn’t Use ‘Superman’ in the Title - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV