Heidi Klum Warns Women Not To Get Too Skinny
It's a little easier to say if you're a preternaturally beautiful German supermodel, but Heidi Klum believes that women should not lose too much weight.
"The ultimate beauty secret for a woman getting older is, don't be too thin! It is always better to have a little meat on your bones," Klum, 37, told Self Magazine. "When you are just muscle, you end up being gaunt in the face, and that makes you look older by five or 10 years."
But the Project Runway host is not saying you should stop working out. "One of the best parts about season eight of Project Runway being taped in New York City was that I went running every morning," she said. "I had a watch that counts the miles and the little thing you put on your shoe that measures each step. Over seven weeks, I ran 120 miles! I don't love running, but I do like to see everything getting tighter and toned."
Klum also regarded aging with an equally nonchalant air. "I don't have anxiety about it, so I'm not running to get Botox," she said. "Maybe that will change, but I don't think so. I feel comfortable in my skin and comfortable with aging, so I think it's OK that I get wrinkles." Of course, Klum will have husband Seal to keep her company even if the wrinkles do set in.
"Part of why we're so good together is that, in a lot of ways, we're opposites," she explained about their relationship. "I'm speedy, and I don't like sitting still for long. My husband is the most patient person I've ever met. He can explain something to the children for hours, and I will just say, 'OK, this is how it is.' We're both really creative people. We may have some different passions, but we love and respect and trust each other." –AMY LEE
Most Popular News
- Magic Johnson’s Gay Son EJ Johnson Takes Relationship Public
- ‘American Idol’ Recap: Angie Miller Says Goodbye
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann Get Fiesty
- Will Ferrell And Chirstina Applegate Film ‘Anchorman: The Legend Continues’
- Angelina Jolie Has Double Mastectomy To Reduce Breast Cancer Risk, Shares Story
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- Why ‘Man of Steel’ Didn’t Use ‘Superman’ in the Title - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV