Harrison Ford To Shia LaBeouf: 'You're A F---ing Idiot'
Harrison Ford slammed his younger counterpart Shia LaBeouf for criticizing their 2008 film, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. In a recent interview, Ford said that he called LaBeouf a "f----ing idiot" after the 25-year-old spoke out against the project.
"I think I told him he was a f----ing idiot," Ford told Details. "As an actor, I think it's my obligation to support the film without making a complete ass of myself."
LaBeouf, who has a reputation for being outspoken, gave a poor review of the Indiana Jones installment shortly after its release. He claimed that both he and director Steven Spielberg "drop[ped] the ball" on the $185 million film. Numbers, though, tell a different story. Although the flick never cracked the top twenty in all-time box office rankings, it grossed over $786 million worldwide.
Lucky for LaBeouf he didn't face the same pink slip treatment of his Transformers co-star Megan Fox. The actress was fired from the franchise after calling Transformers director Michael Bay a Nazi. "He wants to be like Hitler on his sets, and he is," Fox told Wonderland magazine in 2009. "So he's a nightmare to work for but when you get him away from set, and he's not in director mode, I kind of really enjoy his personality because he's so awkward, so hopelessly awkward."
Fox was replaced by Victoria's Secret model Rosie Huntington-Whiteley for the third Transformers installment, Dark of the Moon. Ford apparently hoped his stern talking would keep LaBeouf from facing a similar fate. "Shia is ambitious, attentive, and talented," Ford said. "And he's learning how to deal with a situation which is very unique and difficult."
Most Popular News
- Magic Johnson’s Gay Son EJ Johnson Takes Relationship Public
- ‘American Idol’ Recap: Angie Miller Says Goodbye
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann Get Fiesty
- Will Ferrell And Chirstina Applegate Film ‘Anchorman: The Legend Continues’
- Angelina Jolie Has Double Mastectomy To Reduce Breast Cancer Risk, Shares Story
Most Popular Videos
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- Why ‘Man of Steel’ Didn’t Use ‘Superman’ in the Title - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV