Guy Berryman Leaves Cape Town Shirtless
Bassist Guy Berryman left a concert Wednesday in Cape Town, South Africa, after performing with his band Coldplay. The Sottish-born Berryman, along with his band mates Chris Martin, Jonny Buckland and Will Champion, played to a stadium packed with 47,000 people — the first major music event in Cape Town since U2’s 360 performance in February.
Coldplay's upcoming fifth studio album, Mylo Xyloto, set for release October 24. Berryman recently explained that Mylo Xyloto was intended to a be a "Yellow Submarine"-style soundtrack for a film the band was going to make, but that idea was abandoned somewhere along the way. “It was going to be a kind of a soundtrack album to a film we were writing which had a story through it," Berryman told Independent Online. "We got quite far down the line with designing characters and then we abandoned that idea and moved into a different direction, retaining elements of the acoustic album and from the soundtrack album with us."
Berryman added that the story of Mylo Xyloto's creation led to an interesting final product. "So what we’ve ended up with is an album that we arrived at in quite an unusual sort of way, so it’s kind of a hotchpotch of all those different phases," he said.
Most Popular News
- Submarine Shark Hoax: 'Shark Of Darkness: Wrath Of Submarine' Is Discovery Channel's Latest Shark Week Mockumentary
- Lourdes Leon Hits The Beach In A Bikini
- 'War Machine' Jon Koppenhaver, Goes On Twitter Rant Following Alleged Beating Of Girlfriend, Christy Mack
- Kendall And Kylie Jenner Wear Revealing Dresses On MMVA Red Carpet
- Tony Stewart Crash Update: New Video Surfaces Of Wreck That Killed Kevin Ward Jr.
Most Popular Videos
Derek Hough On 'Make Your Move,' BoA, 'Dancing With The Stars'
Shawn Ashmore On 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past,' Ice Man, 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
Billy Crudup On 'Blood Ties,' Clive Owen, Zoe Saldana
Jacki Weaver On 'Magic In The Moonlight,' Woody Allen