Green Day's Billy Joe Armstrong Hospitalized In Italy, Band Cancels Show
Green Day lead singer Billie Joe Armstrong, 40, was admitted to a hospital in Italy this past weekend after suffering from an undisclosed illness. He has since been released.
Green Day was scheduled to play a concert in Bologna, but had to pull out as a result of Armstrong’s health. Band members Frank Edwin Wright, better known as Tre Cool, 39, and Mike Dirnt, or Michael Ryan Pritchard, 40, released a video message to the fans apologizing and explaining why they would be unable to perform. The band said they were “beyond devastated” and had been hoping to play the Bologna show, as it had promised to be the highlight of their tour. The city was supposed to be the last stop on a two-week European tour that took the band through Japan, England, France and Germany.
Green Day is scheduled to release �Uno!, the first album of its upcoming trilogy, on Sept. 25. The first single from �Uno!, "Oh Love," was released in July and debuted on the Billboard U.S. Rock Charts at No. 1. —Chris Camacho
Watch the band's video message here:
For more on Green Day:
Get Uinterview's FREE iPhone App For Daily News Updates: http://bit.ly/NLMM1k
Most Popular News
- 'Game Of Thrones' Recap: Robb Stark, Talisa, Catelyn Murdered At The Red Wedding
- Victoria Beckham & Son Brooklyn Beckham Attend Glamour Women Of The Year Awards
- ‘Diana’ Biopic Teaser Trailer With Naomi Watts Is Released
- Michael Keaton Suits Up For ‘Birdman’
- Cassadee Pope Performs ‘Wasting All These Tears’ On ‘The Voice’ [VIDEO]
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Dylan O'Brien Video Interview On 'The Internship,' Google, Vince Vaughn
- Clive Owen Video Interview On 'Shadow Dancer,' Playing An MI-5 Agent
- Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic