Graceland Holds Vigil On 35th Anniversary Of Elvis Presley's Death
Elvis Presley, who died at the age of 42 on August 16, 1977, 35 years ago, from a heart attack related to substance abuse, is being remembered this week for the annual Elvis Week event at Graceland in Memphis, Tennessee, Elvis' former home, which was turned into a museum for the legendary King of Rock 'N' Roll after his death. Both Elvis' widow Priscilla Presley, 67, and his daughter, Lisa Marie Presley, 44, attended for the first time.
The nine-day event, which concludes on Saturday, included a candlelight vigil for Elvis on Wednesday night and a concert that featured Priscilla and Lisa Marie on Thursday. "I've always avoided this because I felt that it would be too emotional," Lisa Marie said, reports Examiner.com. "But I really felt it was important to come down here tonight. I love you very, very, very much," she said.
Priscilla, too, was overwhelmed. "This is something Elvis would never have believed could have taken place here," she told Elvis' gathered fans. "You should see this from our point of view. It's amazing."
For more like this:
Most Popular News
- Submarine Shark Hoax: 'Shark Of Darkness: Wrath Of Submarine' Is Discovery Channel's Latest Shark Week Mockumentary
- Kendall And Kylie Jenner Wear Revealing Dresses On MMVA Red Carpet
- Lourdes Leon Hits The Beach In A Bikini
- 'War Machine' Jon Koppenhaver, Goes On Twitter Rant Following Alleged Beating Of Girlfriend, Christy Mack
- John Denver's Aspen Home Is Back On The Market; Owners Selling For $10.75 Million
Most Popular Videos
Derek Hough On 'Make Your Move,' BoA, 'Dancing With The Stars'
Shawn Ashmore On 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past,' Ice Man, 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
Billy Crudup On 'Blood Ties,' Clive Owen, Zoe Saldana
Jacki Weaver On 'Magic In The Moonlight,' Woody Allen