Graceland Holds Vigil On 35th Anniversary Of Elvis Presley's Death
Elvis Presley, who died at the age of 42 on August 16, 1977, 35 years ago, from a heart attack related to substance abuse, is being remembered this week for the annual Elvis Week event at Graceland in Memphis, Tennessee, Elvis' former home, which was turned into a museum for the legendary King of Rock 'N' Roll after his death. Both Elvis' widow Priscilla Presley, 67, and his daughter, Lisa Marie Presley, 44, attended for the first time.
The nine-day event, which concludes on Saturday, included a candlelight vigil for Elvis on Wednesday night and a concert that featured Priscilla and Lisa Marie on Thursday. "I've always avoided this because I felt that it would be too emotional," Lisa Marie said, reports Examiner.com. "But I really felt it was important to come down here tonight. I love you very, very, very much," she said.
Priscilla, too, was overwhelmed. "This is something Elvis would never have believed could have taken place here," she told Elvis' gathered fans. "You should see this from our point of view. It's amazing."
For more like this:
Most Popular News
- 'Game Of Thrones' Recap: Robb Stark, Talisa, Catelyn Murdered At The Red Wedding
- Victoria Beckham & Son Brooklyn Beckham Attend Glamour Women Of The Year Awards
- ‘Diana’ Biopic Teaser Trailer With Naomi Watts Is Released
- Heidi Klum, Martin Kristen Run & Make Up After Public Spat
- ‘Man Of Steel’ Makes World Premiere In New York City
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Dylan O'Brien Video Interview On 'The Internship,' Google, Vince Vaughn
- Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
- Andy Samberg, Akiva Schaffer, Jorma Taccone On The Lonely Island, 'The Wack Album'