Glee To Cover Coldplay Song For First Time Ever
The third episode of Glee's third season, called "Asian F," will feature a Will Schuester (Matthew Morrison) and the New Directions covering a Coldplay song — for the first time ever. The song is "Fix You," a 2005 hit single for the band.
The plan was to have a Coldplay song in the very first episode, but the band, lead by frontman Chris Martin, did not give their consent. "In the pilot I was meant to sing 'Viva La Vida' by Coldplay but they wouldn't give us the rights," Morrison once told Ace Showbiz. "Then, once the show got started Chris Martin called Ryan [Murphy] to apologize and say we could use whichever song we wanted."
Martin's wife, Gwyneth Paltrow, became involved in Glee as a guest star on multiple episodes. Her performance as hip substitute Holly Holliday won her an Emmy earlier this month, and she made appearances on the Glee kids' summer concert tour.
"Asian F," which will feature appearances by Keong Sim and Tamlyn Tomita as Mike's concerned parents, will air October 4.
Listen to the audio here:
Most Popular News
- 'Game Of Thrones' Recap: Robb Stark, Talisa, Catelyn Murdered At The Red Wedding
- Victoria Beckham & Son Brooklyn Beckham Attend Glamour Women Of The Year Awards
- ‘Diana’ Biopic Teaser Trailer With Naomi Watts Is Released
- Heidi Klum, Martin Kristen Run & Make Up After Public Spat
- Cassadee Pope Performs ‘Wasting All These Tears’ On ‘The Voice’ [VIDEO]
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Dylan O'Brien Video Interview On 'The Internship,' Google, Vince Vaughn
- Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
- Clive Owen Video Interview On 'Shadow Dancer,' Playing An MI-5 Agent