George W. Bush Surprises Others With His Artistry, Intelligence
Former President George W. Bush has started painting as a hobby, and it’s caught many people off guard.
“People are surprised,” Bush told the Dallas Morning News. “Of course, some people are surprised I can even read.”
Bush in fact does read, specifically Winston Churchill’s Painting as a Pastime, and ultimately started painting. Bush’s wife, Laura, even showed his work to a Dallas artist who believed he actually had some skill as an artist. Bush now takes lessons once a week from a Southern Methodist University graduate student. Southern Methodist University will also play host to the opening of the Geroge W. Bush Presidential Center next week.
Last month some of Bush's paintings were leaked when his email was hacked, revealing he paints dogs, landscapes and shower nudes. However, for the most part Bush has kept a relatively low profile since his second presidential term concluded, working on personal projects and giving talks.
“One of the real challenges of life is that when you complete a chapter, you don’t atrophy, that you continue to find ways to contribute,” Bush told the paper.
In addition to his aspiring art career, Bush’s post-Presidency life has now been bolstered by the arrival of a granddaughter, Mila, who Bush’s daughter, Jenna, gave birth to on Saturday night.
Most Popular News
- Sidney Poitier Receives Standing Ovation While Presenting Best Director At The Oscars
- Marc Anthony Collects 4 Awards At Premio Lo Nuestro A La Musica Latina Gala
- 'Fantastic Four' Casting: Michael B. Jordan And Kate Mara Confirmed For Reboot, Miles Teller And Jamie Bell Rumored
- 'Talking Angela' Children's App Victim Of Online Hoax Claiming The App Is Dangerous
- Who Is NFL Running Back Reggie Bush's Wife-To-Be Lilit Avagyan?
Most Popular Videos
Top Comedy Videos
Harry Connick, Jr: 'I Married The Girl Of My Dreams' - Your Tango