George Soros Files Countersuit Against Adriana Ferreyr
George Soros is filing a countersuit against Adriana Ferreyr, his former girlfriend, who filed a $50 million lawsuit against him in 2011.
Ferreyr’s initial lawsuit claimed that her longtime boyfriend had failed to act on the promise of giving her a $1.9 million apartment, according to the New York Post. Soros, who had dated Ferreyr for five years, told her that he had given the promised apartment to another woman he was seeing, alleged Ferreyr. She also claimed that Soros slapped her across the face, attempted to choke her and tried to strike her with a glass lamp.
Soros, 82, is now countering Ferreyr’s allegations in a lawsuit of his own, in which he’s pursuing defamation and assault charges. He claims that Ferreyr, 30, was the one who wielded the lamp and struck him. The foot injury she sustained, he claims, was a result of her stepping on a shard of glass from the broken lamp, the Post reports.
One thing in Ferreyr’s lawsuit does certainly seem to be accurate. The $1.9 million house she was allegedly promised has been given to another woman – Soros’ fiancé Tamiko Bolton, 40.
The business magnate’s ex began her career acting in McDonald’s commercials. While she continued to pursue acting and won a role in a Brazilian soap opera, Marisol, she was also earning a degree – graduating with a bachelor’s in economics from New York’s Columbia University. Ferreyr is also an entrepreneur and an avid activist for children’s causes.
Most Popular News
- Sidney Poitier Receives Standing Ovation While Presenting Best Director At The Oscars
- Marc Anthony Collects 4 Awards At Premio Lo Nuestro A La Musica Latina Gala
- 'Fantastic Four' Casting: Michael B. Jordan And Kate Mara Confirmed For Reboot, Miles Teller And Jamie Bell Rumored
- 'Talking Angela' Children's App Victim Of Online Hoax Claiming The App Is Dangerous
- Who Is NFL Running Back Reggie Bush's Wife-To-Be Lilit Avagyan?
Most Popular Videos
Top Comedy Videos
Harry Connick, Jr: 'I Married The Girl Of My Dreams' - Your Tango