George Lucas And Mellody Hobson Marry
George Lucas married Mellody Hobson on Saturday in Marin County, Calif., confirmed a Lucasfilm spokeswoman.
Lucas, a Hollywood writer and director best known as the creator of the Star Wars franchise, married Hobson, 44, in a star-studded ceremony at Skywalker Ranch on June 22. The wedding was attended by Hollywood notables such as Steven Spielberg, who gave a toast, and Samuel L. Jackson, who tweeted – “Let's give a Galactic shout out to Master George Lucas & his Bride Melodie on This their WEDDING DAY!! Congrats!!!!!!” evening. Janelle Monáe and Van Morrison performed at the reception
Hobson is the president of the Chicago-based investment company Ariel Investments, and is also an economic contributor and analyst on CBS News.
Lucas, 69, and Hobson began dating in 2006. They announced their engagement in January 2013. This is the first marriage for Hobson and the second for Lucas, who was married to Marcia Lucas from 1969-1983. Lucas has three adopted children – Amanda, Katie and Jett.
Most Popular News
- Spiderman And More Capture Hearts At Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade [SLIDESHOW]
- Sophie Kennedy Clark On 'Philomena'Â™ & Judi Dench [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Lady Gaga Arrives On Horse To 2013 AMAs, Performs With R Kelly
- BREAKING NEWS: Paul Walker Dies At Age 40 In Tragic Car Accident
- Gwyneth Paltrow & Ewan McGregor Shoot Scenes For 'Â˜Mortdecai' In London
Most Popular Videos
Scarlett Johansson And Joseph Gordon-Levitt On 'Don Jon,' Sex Scenes
Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
Patricia Cornwell Video Interview On 'Dust,' Kay Scarpetta, Sandy Hook, Her New TV Show
Wong Kar-wai Video Interview On 'The Grandmaster'
Steve Coogan Video Interview On 'Philomenia,' Judi Dench