George Lindsey, Goober Pyle From 'The Andy Griffith Show,' Dies At 83
George Lindsey, who played the legendary Goober Pyle on The Andy Griffith Show, died at the age of 83 on Sunday in Nashville, Tennessee after a brief illness. Lindsey later portrayed the same character on Mayberry R.F.D. and also starred on Hee-Haw.
"George Lindsey was my friend," said Andy Griffith, 85, in a statement released to through the funeral home, reports Huliq.com. "I had great respect for his talent and his human spirit. In recent years, we spoke often by telephone. Our last conversation was a few days ago ... I am happy to say that as we found ourselves in our eighties, we were not afraid to say 'I love you.' That was the last thing George and I had to say to each other. 'I love you.'"
The Andy Griffith Show ran for eight years between 1960 and 1968.
Most Popular News
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV