George Clooney Spotted Filming ‘The Monuments Men’ In England
George Clooney was captured on camera this week filming a scene for his upcoming film The Monuments Men, which also stars his pal Matt Damon as well as John Goodman, Bill Murray, Cate Blanchett, Hugh Bonneville (Downton Abbey) and Jean Dujardin (The Artist).
The film, set for release sometime next year, will tell the story of a team of art historians and museum curators who come together to recover a stash of renowned artwork and significant cultural artifacts stolen and hidden away by the Hitler-led Nazis.
Not only is Clooney one of the film’s stars, he is also writing and directing the period piece set amidst World War II. When he’s not in the director’s chair, Clooney takes on the role of former Gardner Museum director George Stout. Damon, meanwhile, is playing the part of James Rorimer, the former director of the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
So far, the all-star cast has been spotted filming across the U.K. in Rye, Cambridgeshire, Hampshire, Buckinghamshire and Surrey. They’ve also shot scenes in Germany.
The Monuments Men is due in theaters December 2013.
George Stout, the Gardner Museum director and "Monument Man" George Clooney plays in his new film.
Most Popular News
- Sidney Poitier Receives Standing Ovation While Presenting Best Director At The Oscars
- Marc Anthony Collects 4 Awards At Premio Lo Nuestro A La Musica Latina Gala
- 'Fantastic Four' Casting: Michael B. Jordan And Kate Mara Confirmed For Reboot, Miles Teller And Jamie Bell Rumored
- 'Talking Angela' Children's App Victim Of Online Hoax Claiming The App Is Dangerous
- Rose McIver Films 'Petals On The Wind'Â™ With Heather Graham, Ellen Burstyn
Most Popular Videos
Top Comedy Videos
Harry Connick, Jr: 'I Married The Girl Of My Dreams' - Your Tango