George Clooney Contracts Malaria In Sudan
Not even George Clooney is immune from tropical disease.
The actor and humanitarian contracted malaria during a recent trip to Sudan, though he has recovered since, according to a statement from his publicist. “George is completely over the Malaria he contracted while in the Sudan during the first week in January."
Clooney added, “This illustrates how with proper medication, the most lethal condition in Africa, can be reduced to bad ten days instead of a death sentence."
In an interview with Piers Morgan, Clooney joked that he got malaria because "I guess the mosquito in Juba looked at me and thought I was the bar." Morgan later tweeted, "Clooney malaria update: now have 24,563 offers to nurse him. But his rep says medication's worked and he's OK. Sorry, ladies."
Clooney visited Sudan in December to work with the UN and Google to install security measures to prevent another civil conflict in the war-torn country. "We want to let potential perpetrators of genocide and other war crimes know that we're watching, the world is watching," Clooney said at the time. "War criminals thrive in the dark. It's a lot harder to commit mass atrocities in the glare of the media spotlight." —ISHITA SINGH
Most Popular News
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV