George Clooney Congratulates Ryan Reynolds
The torch of sexy is being passed down. Former "Sexiest Man Alive" George Clooney extended his congratulations to the new "Sexiest Man Alive," Ryan Reynolds.
"I'm very happy for him," Clooney said at a humanitarian dinner, according to People. He went on to poke a little fun at another sexiest man. "I'm also happy that it's not Brad [Pitt]." Clooney, 49, has won the honor twice, in 1997 and 2006. Reynolds, 34, first raised interested eyebrows when he revealed a six-pack for the romantic comedy The Proposal.
Clooney himself also received an award: the Ripple of Hope Award at the Robert F. Kennedy Center in recognition of his humanitarian efforts. "It's really a lovely thing," Clooney said. "I feel over-honored, but I'm happy to be able to do it to bring attention to a lot of other people here." The Oscar-winning actor has been especially active in his attempts to highlight the atrocities in Darfur, and also serves as a UN Messenger of Peace.
It seems almost possible that Clooney could someday pull a Ronald Reagan and run for president. But when it was proposed, he demurred with a joke. "I don't have the ties for it," he said. –AMY LEE
Most Popular News
- Magic Johnson’s Gay Son EJ Johnson Takes Relationship Public
- ‘American Idol’ Recap: Angie Miller Says Goodbye
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann Get Fiesty
- Will Ferrell And Chirstina Applegate Film ‘Anchorman: The Legend Continues’
- Angelina Jolie Has Double Mastectomy To Reduce Breast Cancer Risk, Shares Story
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- Why ‘Man of Steel’ Didn’t Use ‘Superman’ in the Title - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV