George Clooney And Girlfriend Elisabetta Canalis Call It Quits
George Clooney is back on the market. Clooney and his girlfriend, Elisabetta Canalis, announced the break up of their two-year relationship on Wednesday.
“We are not together anymore,” the couple said in a public statement. “It is very difficult and very personal and we hope that everyone can respect our privacy.”
News of the couple’s spilt caught the media by surprise. Just last week the rumored playboy and his model girlfriend shared a candlelit dinner near Clooney's Lake Como villa. In a recent issue of the Italian tabloid, Chi, Canalis, 32, said that despite rumors, her relationship with the 50-year-old actor was still going strong.
“I am very happy at the moment,” Canalis told the magazine. “Thanks to my man, my fairytale is continuing. We are a couple that never gets bored.”
Now, it seems, that fairytale is over. Canalis’ publicist stated that the model will speak to the press about the split once she’s had time to recover. Meanwhile, Clooney is preparing for the premiere of his new political thriller, The Ides of March, at the Venice Film Festival this summer.
Most Popular News
- 'Game Of Thrones' Recap: Robb Stark, Talisa, Catelyn Murdered At The Red Wedding
- Victoria Beckham & Son Brooklyn Beckham Attend Glamour Women Of The Year Awards
- ‘Diana’ Biopic Teaser Trailer With Naomi Watts Is Released
- Heidi Klum, Martin Kristen Run & Make Up After Public Spat
- Cassadee Pope Performs ‘Wasting All These Tears’ On ‘The Voice’ [VIDEO]
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Dylan O'Brien Video Interview On 'The Internship,' Google, Vince Vaughn
- Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
- Clive Owen Video Interview On 'Shadow Dancer,' Playing An MI-5 Agent