Gena Charmaine Avery Marries Mathew Knowles, Becomes Beyoncé’s Stepmom
Mathew Knowles, Beyoncé’s father, married former model Gena Charmaine Avery last Sunday, giving the “Love on Top” singer and her sister Solange a new stepmom.
Knowles, 61, and Avery, 48, who now works as a realtor, had been engaged for about a year and a half leading up to their nuptials. Last Sunday, the pair was married in Houston, Tex, reported US Weekly. Neither Beyoncé nor Solange were in attendance. “Unfortunately, Beyoncé and Solange had previous engagements which made it impossible for them to attend,' Knowles explained to TMZ.
In 2009, Knowles split from Tina, his former wife and mother to both Beyoncé and Solange, after it was discovered that he’d fathered a child with actress Alexsandra Wright. The former spouses were divorced in 2011 after 31 years of marriage.
Knowles served as Beyoncé’s manager for much of her early career – from Destiny’s Child and into her start as a solo artist. She released him in 2011, though to two are said to remain on good terms.
Most Popular News
- Sidney Poitier Receives Standing Ovation While Presenting Best Director At The Oscars
- Marc Anthony Collects 4 Awards At Premio Lo Nuestro A La Musica Latina Gala
- 'Fantastic Four' Casting: Michael B. Jordan And Kate Mara Confirmed For Reboot, Miles Teller And Jamie Bell Rumored
- 'Talking Angela' Children's App Victim Of Online Hoax Claiming The App Is Dangerous
- Who Is NFL Running Back Reggie Bush's Wife-To-Be Lilit Avagyan?
Most Popular Videos
Top Comedy Videos
Harry Connick, Jr: 'I Married The Girl Of My Dreams' - Your Tango