Gavin DeGraw Hospitalized After NYC Attack
Singer-songwriter Gavin DeGraw, 34, was assaulted in Manhattan's East Village early Monday morning and rushed to the emergency room at New York's Bellvue Hospital.
A rep for the "I Don't Wanna Be" singer reveals that DeGraw "was attacked" by a group of unknown men, and that the attack was "not his fault," reports Us Weekly. Degraw had just parted ways with his friends after a night out on the town when he was jumped, sometime between 3:50 a.m. and 4:20 a.m., witnesses told the New York Post. He suffered a broken nose and cuts on his face. After the attackers fled the scene, a dazed DeGraw then stumbled into the street, where he was hit by a cab, "but not seriously." According to the sources on the scene, the attack did not appear to be a robbery.
DeGraw was scheduled to open for Maroon 5 and Train in a Tuesday night show in Saratoga Springs, NY, but had to cancel his part of the performance due to his injuries. No word yet on if he will be able to make his scheduled appearance on Live! With Regis and Kelly on Wednesday. DeGraw is slated to release his fifth album, Sweeter, on September 20.
Most Popular News
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV