FUNNY: Mitt Romney And Donald Trump Birth Illegitimate Tweets
Just as Mitt Romney was securing the Republican presidential nomination with a win in the Texas primary — and just as the truth sunk in to loyal viewers of The Republican Nominee Show that Rick Perry, Herman Cain, Newt Gingrich and Marcus Bachmann may not be returning any time soon with guest appearances — we were confronting something about this election season that we really hate getting used to: boredom.
Enter Donald Trump. Not our first pick for a starring role, but better than sinking deeper into a mid-season slump. In case you haven't heard, the typically flip-flopping Romney has teamed up with The Donald to boost his campaign and has just as quickly distanced himself, due to Trump's leading the charge of the "birther movement," so called for its claims that Barack Obama was not actually born in the U.S. and therefore cannot legitimately serve as president. (OK, someone's been watching too much Game of Thrones!)
In all honesty, any time is a good time to make fun of Trump, whose guest-hosting gig on The View last Friday may win him an Emmy for Orangest TV Personality (sorry Tan Mom, you passed orange on your way to baseball-glove brown in approx. 1997). But enough truth-telling, here are our favorite Trump-inspired tweets from this week:
1. "Romney says there's nothing improper about his Las Vegas fundraiser with Trump because prostitution is legal in Nevada." —@FrankConniff
2. "Romney and Trump should run together! Heir/Hair 2012!" —@StephenAtHome
3. "Romney should class things up by losing Trump & doing a fundraiser with the face eater's corpse." —@robdelaney
4. "BREAKING: Donald Trump, Mitt Romney Seek Two Additional Horsemen" —@BorowitzReport
5. "Donald Trump, who fires people for a living, launches a Super PAC for Mitt Romney, who fires people for the sheer joy of it." —@Impolitics
6. "An offer to 'dine with Donald Trump and Mitt Romney' sounds exactly like the setup for SURVIVING THE GAME." —@theisb
7. "First prize is dinner with Trump and Romney. Second prize is two dinners with them." —@higgis
8. "Mitt Romney & Donald Trump r the perfect team. Mitt won't say anything & Trump won't shut up. Both proof that pres shouldn't be businessman." —@Zoocritter
9. "Donald Trump's voice is now a dog whistle that only racists and the media can hear." —@JohnFugelsang
10. "Anyone want my Donald Trump bobble head doll? You push a button and it says 'Black people are from Kenya.'" —@zachbraff
You might also enjoy these funny stories:
Most Popular News
- Lourdes Leon Hits The Beach In A Bikini
- Submarine Shark Hoax: 'Shark Of Darkness: Wrath Of Submarine' Is Discovery Channel's Latest Shark Week Mockumentary
- Tony Stewart Crash Update: New Video Surfaces Of Wreck That Killed Kevin Ward Jr.
- Why Sia Doesn't Show Her Face
- Kendall And Kylie Jenner Wear Revealing Dresses On MMVA Red Carpet
Most Popular Videos
Derek Hough On 'Make Your Move,' BoA, 'Dancing With The Stars'
Shawn Ashmore On 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past,' Ice Man, 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
Billy Crudup On 'Blood Ties,' Clive Owen, Zoe Saldana
Jacki Weaver On 'Magic In The Moonlight,' Woody Allen