French Police Hunt For Photographer Of Kate Middleton Topless Pics
On Wednesday, French police shut down the offices of the original French magazine, Closer, that published topless photographs of Kate Middleton, 30, innocently cozying up to her hubby Prince William, 30, on a relative's private terrace in Provence. The authorities also raided the offices of the magazine in order to gain information that might possibly lead to the identity of the photographer.
This comes after Kate and William, who are heading home today after a royal tour of the South Pacific and Southeast Asia (where, ironically, Kate had a brief wardrobe malfunction when a gust of wind blew her dress up on an airport tarmac, reports Examiner), won an injunction against the magazine and pushed for criminal penalties, including fines and possible jail time, against the photographer, who is said to still own the copyright to the photos, according to the U.K.'s Daily Mail.
That doesn't mean, however, that editors who are not subject to the French injunction are stepping off. The photos have already been published in one Italian and one Irish paper, and now the Danish celebrity weekly Se Og Hoer (See and Hear), can add their names to that list, having just published 60 shots in a 16-page supplement to the magazine. Editor-in-chief Kim Henningsen, however, isn't talking about where he got the pics, except to say that he had them before the French injunction came through.
"If the British royal family want to sue us," Henningsen said, "then it will happen and we'll deal with it. Our readers love to follow the lives of celebrities and royals and are always looking for news that brings them up close. It is in Se Og Hor's DNA to entertain and satisfy our readers' curiosity." Se & Hor, a sister mag in Sweden, headed up by Carina Lofkvist, has also published 11 of the pics.
As if that's not enough naked Duchess of Cambridge for you, there is a second photographer who claims to have different nude Kate Middleton material that he "has been sitting on ... for a while," reports Examiner. He describes his pics as "much, much more revealing than France's Closer magazine published recently," and claims that they are from William and Kate's honeymoon. He also says that, since the recent scandal, no one will touch his photos.
Get Uinterview's FREE iPhone App For Daily News Updates here.
For more on Kate Middleton, Duchess of Cambridge, and the Royal Family:
Most Popular News
- 'Game Of Thrones' Recap: Robb Stark, Talisa, Catelyn Murdered At The Red Wedding
- Victoria Beckham & Son Brooklyn Beckham Attend Glamour Women Of The Year Awards
- ‘Diana’ Biopic Teaser Trailer With Naomi Watts Is Released
- Heidi Klum, Martin Kristen Run & Make Up After Public Spat
- Cassadee Pope Performs ‘Wasting All These Tears’ On ‘The Voice’ [VIDEO]
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Dylan O'Brien Video Interview On 'The Internship,' Google, Vince Vaughn
- Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
- Clive Owen Video Interview On 'Shadow Dancer,' Playing An MI-5 Agent