Former Grateful Dead Drummer Mickey Hart Denies Assault Allegations
Mickey Hart, 69, the former drummer for the Grateful Dead, was recently accused of assault by CJ Starbuses Inc. owner Cecil "CJ" Curtsinger, who claims that Hart attacked him at the Terrapin Hill Harvest Festival in Harrodsburg, Kentucky, in the back of one of his company's busses, pushing him, hitting him, throwing him on the bus floor and cursing at him.
Finally, Curtsinger, 57, claims that Hart told him "to get of my bus," reports the San Francisco Chronicle. Curtsinger filed a police report about the alleged incident and a misdemeanor warrant was issued for Hart's arrest.
Hart, however, disavows all knowledge of Curtsinger's claims. "I am totally baffled by a bizarre claim of assault by me coming out of Kentucky – the home of Bluegrass and a state I love dearly," wrote Hart on his Facebook page. "Any accusation or claim of assault against me is completely false and without any basis whatsoever. I played drums on 'Shakedown Street,' but I never expected to be 'The Victim or the Crime.'"
A rep for Hart revealed that the famed drummer would have no further comment. Curtsinger, whose company advertises as the "keeper of the stars," is sticking to his guns. "I'm still trying to figure it out myself," he said. "It's kind of a sad situation. ... Just pray for everybody."
Get Uinterview's FREE iPhone App For Daily News Updates here.
Most Popular News
- 'Game Of Thrones' Recap: Robb Stark, Talisa, Catelyn Murdered At The Red Wedding
- Victoria Beckham & Son Brooklyn Beckham Attend Glamour Women Of The Year Awards
- ‘Diana’ Biopic Teaser Trailer With Naomi Watts Is Released
- Heidi Klum, Martin Kristen Run & Make Up After Public Spat
- Cassadee Pope Performs ‘Wasting All These Tears’ On ‘The Voice’ [VIDEO]
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Dylan O'Brien Video Interview On 'The Internship,' Google, Vince Vaughn
- Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
- Clive Owen Video Interview On 'Shadow Dancer,' Playing An MI-5 Agent