Floyd Mayweather Jr. Beats Robert Guerrero For WBC Welterweight Title
Floyd Mayweather improved to 44-0 with his win over Robert Guerrero in the WBC welterweight title match on Saturday. The final score of the face-off was 117-111, with Mayweather taking 9 of the 11 rounds.
Guerrero, six years Mayweather's junior, was caught slightly by surprise with the older boxer's skill in the ring. "He's a little better than I thought. He was barely slipping away from the punches. I thought I'd catch him," he said after the final round. “It was blood, sweat and tears in there tonight, what can I say,” Mayweather said. “The less you get hit in this game, the longer you last. Everybody was saying, at age 36, that I wasn't as sharp as I used to be."
Last year, Mayweather barely managed to earn the win in his last professional boxing match before he met Guerrero in the ring. In the fight against Miguel Cotto, Mayweather was hit many more times that usual. With that, his year without a fight and Guerrero coming off a big win over Andre Berto, made some wonder if the challenging boxer might just knock off the reigning champion. Mayweather ultimately prevailed, despite not getting the desired knockout.
While Mayweather's professional boxing record remains undefeated, Guerrero fell to 31-2-1. It's his first loss in the welterweight division, and his first loss overall since 2005.
Mayweather plans to have his next fight in September.
Most Popular News
- Spiderman And More Capture Hearts At Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade [SLIDESHOW]
- Sophie Kennedy Clark On 'Philomena'Â™ & Judi Dench [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- BREAKING NEWS: Paul Walker Dies At Age 40 In Tragic Car Accident
- Jasmine Pilchard-Gosnell: Paul Walker'Â™s Girlfriend Collapsed After Learning Of His Death
- Lady Gaga Arrives On Horse To 2013 AMAs, Performs With R Kelly
Most Popular Videos
Scarlett Johansson And Joseph Gordon-Levitt On 'Don Jon,' Sex Scenes
Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
Wong Kar-wai Video Interview On 'The Grandmaster'
Patricia Cornwell Video Interview On 'Dust,' Kay Scarpetta, Sandy Hook, Her New TV Show
Steve Coogan Video Interview On 'Philomenia,' Judi Dench
Top Comedy Videos
The Most Shocking Celebrity Breakups Of 2013 - Your Tango
- Ryan Gosling & Rachel McAdams, Please Make Babies Already! - Your Tango
- Peter Jackson’s 10 Best Action Sequences - MovieFone