Fat Tuesday 2011: Andy Garcia Crowned Bacchus At Mardi Gras
For years, Fat Tuesday has provided a laid back venue for celebrities to party in style. One of the most popular parades in the famed New Orleans celebration is the Bacchus parade, which annually crowns a celebrity king. Andy Garcia holds the honors for 2011.
Garcia will portray Bacchus, the Greek god of wine, in the parade, which broke with tradition in 1968 by having its signature floats run on Sunday night instead of Fat Tuesday itself. The Bacchus celebration features marching bands and more than 25 elaborate floats. Every year it draws crowds of several hundred thousands. Previous celebs who have led the parade include Bob Hope, Dom DeLuise, Charlton Heston, William Shatner, Kirk Douglas, Luke Perry and Dick Clark.
Also throwing beads to the crowds this year from their floats were Laurence Fishburne, Delta Burke, and Harry Connick, Jr., who also performed at the after party. —KIMBERLY STEELE
Watch Uinterview's exclusive with Andy Garcia here.
Most Popular News
- Magic Johnson’s Gay Son EJ Johnson Takes Relationship Public
- ‘American Idol’ Recap: Angie Miller Says Goodbye
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann Get Fiesty
- Will Ferrell And Chirstina Applegate Film ‘Anchorman: The Legend Continues’
- Angelina Jolie Has Double Mastectomy To Reduce Breast Cancer Risk, Shares Story
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- Why ‘Man of Steel’ Didn’t Use ‘Superman’ in the Title - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV