FASHION WEEK: Calvin Klein Offers Sexy Finale
It's sad, but true: New York Fashion Week is over — but Francisco Costa made sure it went out with a bang, not a whimper. The Calvin Klein creative director bid us farewell, until next season anyway, with an architectural Spring 2013 collection dotted with conical bustiers and en vogue peplum details, softened by sheer panels and seductive lines that feminized the monotone look. "'A play on shadows and contrasts," Costa explained to Daily Mail. "Light captured in modern draping, formed by compressions and folds. Contouring shapes emphasize the bust and a cinched waist — exuding heightened elegance."
Contrasting graphic lines with semi-transparent curves, Costa's chiaroscuro creations were nothing short of seductive, exposing flesh in unexpected places and introducing flattering bustiers into the predominantly urban line. Not one for prints, Calvin Klein produced a similar illusion by layering what Costa called "black moire embroidery" over slips and dresses.
Perched on the edges of their front row seats, and no doubt intrigued by the flirty looks, were class acts Amy Adams and Emma Stone, wearing a slinky white knee-length dress and a coral minidress with color-block yellow heels, respectively. Seated next to them rocking a midriff-bearing white crop top with a black leather skirt was Diane Kruger, who described the collection as "beautiful" and "very feminine." Also in attendance were Anna Wintour, Nora Zehetner, Patrick Demarchelier and Andre Leon Talley.
Check out Calvin Klein's Spring 2013 Men's collection:
Get Uinterview's FREE iPhone App For Daily News Updates here.
Most Popular News
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- ‘Spring Breakers’ Review: The 10 Most Depraved, Parent-Shocking Moments - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV