'Family Guy' Episode Taken Down After Edited To Mimic Boston Marathon Bombing
Fox has taken down an episode of Family Guy that aired in March, because it depicts extensive deaths at the Boston Marathon.
In the original Family Guy episode, “Turban Cowboy,” Peter Griffin (voiced by the show's creator, Seth MacFarlane) is seen driving his car through the Boston Marathon, hitting runners in an attempt to win the race. Griffin tells Bob Costas, “I'll tell ya, Bob, I just got in my car and drove it. And when there was a guy in my way, I killed him." Later in the episode, Griffin accidently detonates a bomb on a bridge by making a phone call with his cell phone. While these two scenes are unnrelated in the episode, there is now a clip circulating on the internet in which someone combined the two, making it appear as though Griffin had set off an explosion at the Boston Marathon, the Huffington Post reports.
For his part, MacFarlane ridiculed the edited clip and expressed his distress over the terrorist attack.
“The edited Family Guy clip currently circulating is abhorrent,” MacFarlane tweeted. “The event was a crime and a tragedy, and my thoughts are with the victims.”
“Turban Cowboy” is no longer available on Fox.com or Hulu.
Most Popular News
- Sidney Poitier Receives Standing Ovation While Presenting Best Director At The Oscars
- Marc Anthony Collects 4 Awards At Premio Lo Nuestro A La Musica Latina Gala
- 'Fantastic Four' Casting: Michael B. Jordan And Kate Mara Confirmed For Reboot, Miles Teller And Jamie Bell Rumored
- 'Talking Angela' Children's App Victim Of Online Hoax Claiming The App Is Dangerous
- Who Is NFL Running Back Reggie Bush's Wife-To-Be Lilit Avagyan?
Most Popular Videos
Top Comedy Videos
Harry Connick, Jr: 'I Married The Girl Of My Dreams' - Your Tango