'Family Guy' Episode Taken Down After Edited To Mimic Boston Marathon Bombing
Fox has taken down an episode of Family Guy that aired in March, because it depicts extensive deaths at the Boston Marathon.
In the original Family Guy episode, “Turban Cowboy,” Peter Griffin (voiced by the show's creator, Seth MacFarlane) is seen driving his car through the Boston Marathon, hitting runners in an attempt to win the race. Griffin tells Bob Costas, “I'll tell ya, Bob, I just got in my car and drove it. And when there was a guy in my way, I killed him." Later in the episode, Griffin accidently detonates a bomb on a bridge by making a phone call with his cell phone. While these two scenes are unnrelated in the episode, there is now a clip circulating on the internet in which someone combined the two, making it appear as though Griffin had set off an explosion at the Boston Marathon, the Huffington Post reports.
For his part, MacFarlane ridiculed the edited clip and expressed his distress over the terrorist attack.
“The edited Family Guy clip currently circulating is abhorrent,” MacFarlane tweeted. “The event was a crime and a tragedy, and my thoughts are with the victims.”
“Turban Cowboy” is no longer available on Fox.com or Hulu.
Most Popular News
- Submarine Shark Hoax: 'Shark Of Darkness: Wrath Of Submarine' Is Discovery Channel's Latest Shark Week Mockumentary
- Kendall And Kylie Jenner Wear Revealing Dresses On MMVA Red Carpet
- Lourdes Leon Hits The Beach In A Bikini
- 'War Machine' Jon Koppenhaver, Goes On Twitter Rant Following Alleged Beating Of Girlfriend, Christy Mack
- John Denver's Aspen Home Is Back On The Market; Owners Selling For $10.75 Million
Most Popular Videos
Derek Hough On 'Make Your Move,' BoA, 'Dancing With The Stars'
Shawn Ashmore On 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past,' Ice Man, 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
Billy Crudup On 'Blood Ties,' Clive Owen, Zoe Saldana
Jacki Weaver On 'Magic In The Moonlight,' Woody Allen