'Family Guy' Episode Taken Down After Edited To Mimic Boston Marathon Bombing
Fox has taken down an episode of Family Guy that aired in March, because it depicts extensive deaths at the Boston Marathon.
In the original Family Guy episode, “Turban Cowboy,” Peter Griffin (voiced by the show's creator, Seth MacFarlane) is seen driving his car through the Boston Marathon, hitting runners in an attempt to win the race. Griffin tells Bob Costas, “I'll tell ya, Bob, I just got in my car and drove it. And when there was a guy in my way, I killed him." Later in the episode, Griffin accidently detonates a bomb on a bridge by making a phone call with his cell phone. While these two scenes are unnrelated in the episode, there is now a clip circulating on the internet in which someone combined the two, making it appear as though Griffin had set off an explosion at the Boston Marathon, the Huffington Post reports.
For his part, MacFarlane ridiculed the edited clip and expressed his distress over the terrorist attack.
“The edited Family Guy clip currently circulating is abhorrent,” MacFarlane tweeted. “The event was a crime and a tragedy, and my thoughts are with the victims.”
“Turban Cowboy” is no longer available on Fox.com or Hulu.
Most Popular News
- Kendall And Kylie Jenner Wear Revealing Dresses On MMVA Red Carpet
- Jeremiah Heaton Claimed Small Piece Of African Desert To Make His Daughter A Princess
- Bill Skarsgard & Landon Liboiron On Their 'Hemlock Grove' Characters' 'Sexual Tension,' Gay Undertones [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- German Soccer Squad Returns Home To Heroes Welcome After World Cup Victory
- 'Grey'¬ôs Anatomy': Season 11 Spoilers From Shonda Rhimes
Most Popular Videos
Derek Hough On 'Make Your Move,' BoA, 'Dancing With The Stars'
Dave Franco & Isla Fisher Video Interview On 'Now You See Me,' Magic
Shawn Ashmore On 'X-Men: Days Of Future Past,' Ice Man, 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
Eli Roth & Famke Janssen On 'Hemlock Grove'
Gregg Sulkin On 'Affluenza,' 'Pretty Little Liars'