EXCLUSIVE: U.S. Olympian Ariel Hsing On Playing Table Tennis With Billionaire Warren Buffett
U.S. Olympic table tennis star Ariel Hsing, 16, who recently won her first two matches of table tennis before narrowly losing to the Olympics' second seed, China's Li Xiaoxia, 24, is ranked the best under-18 player in America, and has the tenacity to go against competitors far more advanced than she.
Before Hsing proved that she could hold her own with players like Xiaoxia, she sat down exclusively with Uinterview to talk about her dedication to table tennis, which goes back to before she was 9 years old, when she played the game with none other than billionaire and amateur ping-pong enthusiast Warren Buffet, 81, whom she affectionately refers to as "uncle."
"It was Uncle Warren's 75th birthday party," she told us, "and one of his friends decided as a birthday present to give him a table tennis lesson from a coach, and the coach thought it would be funny if there was a little girl also there and I was that little girl."
The two struck up a friendship, such that Buffett later experessed his support of Hsing, declaring that "the only way I could have beaten her would have been if someone was holding her down," reports the Wall Street Journal.
Check out Uinterview's exclusive with Ariel Hsing here:
For more on the 2012 London Olympics:
Most Popular News
- Magic Johnson’s Gay Son EJ Johnson Takes Relationship Public
- ‘American Idol’ Recap: Angie Miller Says Goodbye
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann Get Fiesty
- Will Ferrell And Chirstina Applegate Film ‘Anchorman: The Legend Continues’
- Angelina Jolie Has Double Mastectomy To Reduce Breast Cancer Risk, Shares Story
Most Popular Videos
- Jane Lynch And Craig Robinson Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Adrien Brody Video Interview On Judging The Bombay Sapphire Imagination Film Series, Playing Houdini
- George Lopez Video Interview On 'Escape From Planet Earth'
- Thandie Newton Video Interview On 'Rogue,' Learning To Shoot A Gun
- Kevin Smith Video Interview On His New Book, 'Tough Sh*t,' Mitt Romeny, Bruce Willis
Top Comedy Videos
Sex & Sci-Fi: Summer's Hottest Movies & Men - Your Tango
- Celebrity Sex Talk: 6 Craziest Things Heard This Week - Your Tango
- Why ‘Man of Steel’ Didn’t Use ‘Superman’ in the Title - MovieFone
- 10 Hot Hollywood Husbands Changing The World - Your Tango
- Taylor Swift Cozying Up With Harry Styles - PlanetFashionTV